The booking system is now available and may be accessed using the link at the bottom of this page. Bookings are being managed by Durham University's Conference and Tourism Office and all enquiries about bookings should be directed to them at the address shown below.
Here are some notes to help you with your booking
- Select the 20th British Combinatorial Conference from the list of conferences.
- Read the warning about cancellations. See also the note below on this current page about invitations and visas.
- Fill in your personal details and then select your delegate type from the drop-down menu. The reduced rates are for postgraduate students currently registered for a higher degree. Note that the registration fees will be increased for bookings after 2nd May 2005.
- Under the heading "Extras" select your conference package. Packages (a) to (f) include full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner). If you are coming for a single day and do not require accommodation, the charge of £32 covers lunch and dinner.
- The conference packages are based on single accommodation. If you require a twin room with an accompanying person, then please specify this and the accompanying person in the Additional Information field. [Sorry, as at 23rd June twin rooms are fully booked.]
- You are offered two payment methods: online by credit card and by purchase order. In either case confirmation of booking will be sent to you within 7 days, detailing all your requirements for you to check. If you, your University or other funding body wishes to pay by cheque or money order, select the purchase order option. Give the name and address of the person or organisation who is paying, together with any reference number from them. The University of Durham Conference and Tourism Office will then send an invoice for the full amount to the address that you give. The reference number is for the benefit of institutional accounting systems; if you do not have a reference number simply enter the current date. Payment must be in UK currency (pounds sterling). If you wish to split the payment between different organisations or individuals, or if you have other payment requirements which are not covered by the standard system, then send details of your requirements to the Conference and Tourism Office (address below).
- If your accommodation requirements do not fit into one of the standard packages, then you should contact Rachael Bird at The Conference and Tourism Office, Room GB22, University of Durham, Mountjoy Research Centre Block 2, Stockton Road, Durham, DH1 3UP, Tel: +44 (0)191 334 2883, Fax: +44 (0)191 334 2892, Email: email@example.com
If you have a companion
- Complete a separate booking form for your companion in their own name.
- Note that non-academic companions are not charged a registration fee and will not receive the conference volume or other academic-related items.
- On both bookings make it clear in the Additional Information field if you require a twin room and with whom you are sharing it. The number of such rooms is very limited and if your requirements are not stated at the time of booking, you will be allocated single rooms.
Invitations and visas
- If you require a formal invitation and are not known personally to the organisers, then your request for an invitation must be accompanied by substantial and verifiable evidence that you have a genuine interest in attending the conference. Because of previous abuse of UK entry visas, we cannot respond to requests which do not meet this requirement. Send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are responsible for making your own arrangements for obtaining a UK entry visa if one is required. Acceptance by us of your booking does not imply that an invitation will be issued to you, nor that a visa will be granted. The conference organisers have no influence on the decisions of the UK immigration authorities.
- We gratefully acknowledge support from the UK Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), from the London Mathematical Society (LMS), and from the Institute of Combinatorics and its Applications. As a result, we have some very limited funds available to support certain categories of delegates: (a) UK registered postgraduate students, (b) Delegates from African, former Soviet, and other countries having similar economic problems.
- If you wish to apply for such support, please send an email to email@example.com outlining your request. Please note that we can, at most, only offer a contribution to your costs, and that any support will be by reimbursement against receipts for accommodation and subsistence.
The fee includes mid-morning and mid-afternoon refreshments, a conference programme book containing abstracts of the contributed talks, and a copy of the book, Surveys in Combinatorics, 2005 which will contain papers based on the talks of the nine invited speakers.
- Standard registration fee (before May 3rd), £150.
- Postgraduate registration fee (before May 3rd), £100.
- Reduced fees are available for those attending for 1, 2 or 3 days only.
- Fees will be increased for registrations after 2nd May 2005.
- Sorry, as at 17th June these are now both fully booked.
- Guided walking tour of Durham (Tuesday evening after dinner): £3.50
- Beamish Museum (by coach on Wednesday afternoon) £12.00.
Accommodation and meals
- Sorry, as at 23rd June twin rooms and en-suite rooms are fully booked.
- Accommodation and meals will be provided in Collingwood College where car parking is freely available.
- The lectures and talks will take place in or around the Department of Mathematical Sciences which is a 10 minute downhill walk from Collingwood College. Parking is very limited in the vicinity of the lecture rooms and a permit is required. If you anticipate any difficulty walking down (or back uphill), please tell us your requirements on the booking form.
- A complete package (5 nights B&B; lunches; dinners, including the conference dinner; en-suite) is available at the academic rate of £350 (this rate also applies to non-academic partners).
- The corresponding 4-day package is priced at £285 and the 3-day package is priced at £215.
- Other packages are available.
- Conference Dinner Supplement (Thursday) £20. (The price of this is included in the package price for those selecting 3, 4 or 5 day packages.)
- See Programme for an outline of the conference programme and the excursions.
When you have completed your booking, if you wish to contribute a talk, then follow this link, which also provides information about how to submit papers to the special conference edition of Discrete Mathematics.