The booking system is now available and may be accessed
using the link at the bottom of this page. Bookings are being managed by
Durham University's Conference and Tourism Office and all enquiries about
bookings should be directed to them at the address shown below.
Here are some notes to help you with your booking.
- Select the 20th British Combinatorial Conference from
the list of conferences.
- Read the warning about cancellations. See also the note
below on this current page about invitations and visas.
- Fill in your personal details and then select your delegate
type from the drop-down menu. The reduced rates are for postgraduate students
currently registered for a higher degree. Note that the registration
fees will be increased for bookings after 2nd May 2005.
- Under the heading "Extras" select your conference package.
Packages (a) to (f) include full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner). If you are coming for a single day and do not require
accommodation, the charge of £32 covers lunch and dinner.
- The conference packages are based on single accommodation.
If you require a twin room with an accompanying person, then please
specify this and the accompanying person in the Additional Information field.
[Sorry, as at 23rd June twin rooms are fully booked.]
- You are offered two payment methods: online by credit card
and by purchase order. In either case confirmation of booking will be sent to
you within 7 days, detailing all your requirements for you to check. If you,
your University or other funding body wishes to pay by cheque or money order,
select the purchase order option. Give the name and address of the person or
organisation who is paying, together with any reference number from them. The
University of Durham Conference and Tourism Office will then send an invoice
for the full amount to the address that you give. The reference number is for
the benefit of institutional accounting systems; if you do not have a
reference number simply enter the current date. Payment must be in UK currency
(pounds sterling). If you wish to split the payment between different
organisations or individuals, or if you have other payment requirements which
are not covered by the standard system, then send details of your requirements
to the Conference and Tourism Office (address below).
- If your accommodation requirements do not fit into one of the standard
packages, then you should contact Rachael Bird at The Conference and Tourism
Office, Room GB22, University of Durham, Mountjoy Research Centre Block 2,
Stockton Road, Durham, DH1 3UP, Tel: +44 (0)191 334 2883, Fax: +44 (0)191 334
If you have a companion:
- Complete a separate booking form for your companion in
their own name.
- Note that non-academic companions are not charged a
registration fee and will not receive the conference volume or other
- On both bookings make it clear in the Additional
Information field if you require a twin room and with whom you are sharing it. The number of such
rooms is very limited and if your requirements are not stated at the time of
booking, you will be allocated single rooms.
Invitations and visas:
- If you require a formal invitation and are not known
personally to the organisers, then your request for an invitation must be
accompanied by substantial and verifiable evidence that you have a genuine
interest in attending the conference. Because of previous abuse of UK entry
visas, we cannot respond to requests which do not meet this requirement. Send
requests to email@example.com.
- You are responsible for making your own arrangements
for obtaining a UK entry visa if one is required. Acceptance by us of your
booking does not imply that an invitation will be issued to you, nor that a
visa will be granted. The conference organisers have no influence on the
decisions of the UK immigration authorities.
- We gratefully acknowledge support from the UK Engineering
and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC), from the London Mathematical
Society (LMS), and from the Institute of Combinatorics and its Applications.
As a result, we have some very limited funds available to support certain
categories of delegates: (a) UK registered postgraduate students, (b)
Delegates from African, former Soviet, and other countries having similar
- If you wish to apply for such support, please send an email
to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your
request. Please note that we can, at most, only offer a contribution to your
costs, and that any support will be by reimbursement against receipts for
accommodation and subsistence.
The fee includes mid-morning and mid-afternoon refreshments,
a conference programme book containing abstracts of the contributed talks, and a copy of the book, Surveys in Combinatorics, 2005
which will contain papers based on the talks of the nine invited speakers.
- Standard registration fee (before May 3rd), £150.
- Postgraduate registration fee (before May 3rd), £100.
- Reduced fees are available for those attending for 1, 2 or
3 days only.
- Fees will be increased for registrations after 2nd May
- Sorry, as at 17th June these are now both fully
- Guided walking tour of Durham (Tuesday evening after dinner):
- Beamish Museum (by coach on Wednesday afternoon) £12.00.
Accommodation and meals:
- Sorry, as at 23rd June twin rooms and en-suite rooms
are fully booked.
- Accommodation and meals will be provided in Collingwood
College where car parking is freely available.
- The lectures and talks will take place in or around the
Department of Mathematical Sciences which is a 10 minute downhill walk from
Collingwood College. Parking is very limited in the vicinity of the lecture
rooms and a permit is required. If you anticipate any difficulty walking down
(or back uphill), please tell us your requirements on the booking form.
- A complete package (5 nights B&B; lunches; dinners, including
the conference dinner; en-suite) is available at the academic rate of £350 (this
rate also applies to non-academic partners).
- The corresponding 4-day package is priced at £285
and the 3-day package is priced at £215.
- Other packages are available.
- Conference Dinner Supplement (Thursday) £20. (The
price of this is included in the package price for those selecting 3, 4 or 5 day
- See Programme for an outline of
the conference programme and the excursions.
Here is the
link to the
When you have completed your booking, if you wish to
contribute a talk, then follow this link,
which also provides information about how to submit papers to the special
conference edition of Discrete Mathematics.