is hosting the Milton Keynes series of Royal
Mathematics Masterclasses, which is being
organised by The
Information for participants
- Masterclasses run from 10am to 12:30pm on Saturday mornings.
- Each masterclass will take place at Bletchley Park National
- Enquiries to the organisers: Sue Pawley firstname.lastname@example.org.
book a place, please contact Sue Pawley directly via the email address below or postal address on your masterclass form.
note that Bletchley Park charges for entry (including merely driving
onto the site). Masterclass participants may enter for free, but
parents should be prepared to either pay an entrance fee if they wish
to personally deliver their child to the education block, or deliver
their child to (and collect them from) the gatehouse.
Arrangements in case of bad weather
bad weather or other unforseen circumstances may mean a masterclass has
to be cancelled at short notice. If this happens, a notice will be
posted here. You are advised to check before travelling!
Programme for 2019
Dates for 2019 are listed below. Provisional timetable of speakers subject to change.
Masterclasses run from 10am to 12:30pm on Saturday mornings.
- 5 Oct -- Numbers in the News - Zoe Griffiths (Think Maths)
- 12 Oct -- Maths throughout history - Brigitte Stenhouse (Open University)
- 19 Oct -- Tilings and Patterns - Uwe Grimm (Open University)
- 9 Nov -- Parabolas and Lines - Rachel Dorris (Royal Institution)
- 16 Nov -- Chaos Theory and the Butterfly Effect - Marc Pradas (Open University)
- 23 Nov -- The Enigma of Cryptography - Tom Briggs (Bletchley Park)
About Royal Institution Mathematics Masterclasses
stimulate and encourage young people in the art and practice of
mathematics and to develop a sense of enjoyment in the subject. For
information about the Royal Institution Mathematics Masterclass
national programme see http://www.rigb.org/maths
Pupils in Year 9 in 2019/2020 who are mathematically able and who have
potential and interest in the classes.