is hosting the Milton Keynes series of Royal
Mathematics Masterclasses, which is being
organised by The
Information for participants
- Masterclasses run from 10am to 12:30pm on Saturday mornings.
- Each masterclass will take place at Bletchley Park National
- Enquiries to the organisers: Dr Susan Pawley, 020 30760283, firstname.lastname@example.org.
book a place, please contact your maths teacher. You may need to direct
your maths teacher to this website, and suggest that (s)he contacts one
of the organisers.
note that Bletchley Park charges for entry (including merely driving
onto the site). Masterclass participants may enter for free, but
parents should be prepared to either pay an entrance fee if they wish
to personally deliver their child to the education block, or deliver
their child to (and collect them from) the gatehouse.
Arrangements in case of bad weather
bad weather or other unforseen circumstances may mean a masterclass has
to be cancelled at short notice. If this happens, a notice will be
posted here. You are advised to check before travelling!
Programme for 2017
Dates for 2017 are listed below.
Masterclasses run from 10am to 12:30pm on Saturday mornings.
- 30 Sept -- Cryptography Challenge - Charlotte Webb
- 7 Oct -- Rock, Paper, Nuclear Bomb - Darren Jones
- 14 Oct -- Infinity: Friend or Foe? - Duncan Joyce
- 4 Nov -- Games, Goats and Gold - Colin Beveridge
- 11 Nov -- Falling ladders and folding lines - Lizzie Kimber
- 18 Nov -- The Enigma of Cryptography - Tom Briggs
About Royal Institution Mathematics Masterclasses
stimulate and encourage young people in the art and practice of
mathematics and to develop a sense of enjoyment in the subject. For
information about the Royal Institution Mathematics Masterclass
national programme see http://www.rigb.org/maths
Pupils in Year 9 in 2017/2018 who are mathematically able and who have
potential and interest in the classes.